Desira Group Plc takes our Customer Data and your personal information very seriously and ensures we are compliant with the new General Data Protection Regulations. We do not pass your data on to third parties that are not integral to the ownership of your vehicle and the products or information we provide you. We also only wish to communicate with you in the ways you prefer. All our systems are secure, and we only transfer data via secure transfer. If you ever wish to make any changes to your customer records, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Collecting Personal Information
We collect your personal information from any enquiry created whether through our website, via telephone, e-mail, the Desira app or in person visiting one of our nine dealerships.
We may collect, store and use your personal information as follows:
- We store customer information in two ways; On a secure database for the Sales teams called Contact Advantage or within our Dealer Management System CDK. Both systems are encrypted and hosted securely by the providers.
- All the information you provide to us is marked as per the Communication methods you asked us to use. You can always amend your preferences at any time by e-mailing: email@example.com
- All telephone calls are recorded for training purposes and kept on a secure server at each branch for a maximum of 12 months and then deleted.
- Depending on the Franchise vehicle you own each Franchise Partner will communicate with you as per your request and in the way that is pertinent to the ownership of your vehicle.
- Any information you provide us is kept on:
- E-Mail Servers – Our internal secure system e-mails are kept for between 6 Months to 7 Years depending on business requirements
- Contact Advantage Sales System – Customer details are Deleted within 6 Months if no contact and you have not Purchased a Vehicle or for 7 years after purchasing and the last contact.
- CDK Dealer Management System – We keep your details for 7 years after purchasing a Vehicle and the last Contact we run a deletion programme every 6 months for customer details and vehicles.
- Desira Group Plc Parts Website
- Our website is powered by Woo Commerce, our third party web services provider.
- Any information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address); will be kept on the website for 6 Months, if you do not purchase from us we will delete your details 6 months from the last contact.
3. Using Personal Information
Any Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided and:
- Meeting the terms of your purchase; Where required Setting up Finance Agreements, Manufacturer Warranties, Additional products and Services.
- Enable your use of the services available on our Website, Parts Shop or E-Bay;
- Send you goods purchased through our website, over telephone or within the dealership
- Supply to you services purchased through our website, over the telephone or within the dealership;
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send or Call you about Service and MOT Reminders, Vehicle Health Check reminders, Service plan information, Service or Parts Information, Offers and Recall Notices as and when appropriate for your vehicle in line with your communication preferences.
- Send or Call you about Car Sales information, relevant offers, news or products, launches and Events, two to five years from the purchase of your vehicle in line with your communication preferences. Scappage Offers for Older Vehicles.
- Where required supply our providers (third parties for example Autotrader) with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- Future job opportunities at Desira Group Plc within 6 months of applying for a role online if you were unsuccessful at the initial application.
4. Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may disclose your personal information to a member of the group of companies we use to fulfil our business where it is necessary for the provision of our products and services. The required information will only be disclosed in line with GDPR and securely transferred. The companies we use are listed below
- AutoProtect – the provider of our Additional Products
- Finance Houses – FCA, RCI, Santander, for the set up and life of any Finance Agreement you may hold. These may change from time to time.
- AFRL – Car Taxation
- Plug In Vehicle Grant Schemes – Department of Transport, Mainheim.
- CDK, Contact Advantage, Nest.
- EMAC – Service Plans, Car Care Plan, Prism – Parts, Day Insure – Insurance, Stapleton Tyres – For Online Tyre Supply
- Autotrader, MB Advertising, CarWow, CITNow, Codeweavers, E-Bay, Motability, One Link, Paypal, Smart Messenger, Vital Software
- AutoInteractive – Our Sales Call Centre
- Lombard, Barclays Bank
- Social Media – Facebook, Google Plus, Linkedin, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter.
- We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information:to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- If you have applied for a role or your details have been sent to us via a Recruitment Agency, the Job Centre or online via Desira Website, Total Jobs, Indeed or InAutomotive. Your details will be kept for a Maximum of 6 Months and then destroyed or deleted securely.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
5. Security of Personal Information
- Desira Group Plc have a Private Computer Network that can only be accessed internally and is secure and password protected.
- We take all appropriate technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We store all the personal data you provide us on our secure (i.e. password- and firewall-protected) hosted servers.
- Desira Group Plc staff only access Customer or employee information required for their job role and can only see their company e-mails.
- All details of financial transactions entered via our website will be protected by encryption technology.
6. Your GDPR Rights
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request – If you wish to do this please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon receipt of all requests we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated we will reply to your request as quickly as possible within a maximum of one month.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- All the requests will be fulfilled in line with our legal obligation.
- Delete your Data
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible in line with our legal obligation please e-mail email@example.com to request this.
- Marketing Preferences
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes, we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you wish to amend your marketing preferences in anyway at any time then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the details. We will ensure this is completed as quickly as possible.
- Transfer Your Data
- If you wish us to transfer your data to a third party then please e-mail email@example.com
7. Desira Group Plc ICO Registration
- We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is: Z582847X
8. Desira Group Plc Data Protection Officer
- Our Data Protection Officer is Michelle Gant any Data Protection issues can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org